Thursday, April 28, 2005

Missing Home, (Sian)

I can honestly say that for the first time in our travels I am feeling really home sick.

Melbourne is a great city I am sure, but I cannot help but compare it to London without all of my friends and family.

Maybe It is beacause I have not worked for 6 months and bumming around Asia was brilliant.
Steve and I are working this week in possibly the most boring job in the world... an office doing Market research.

Finding work here has also not been as easy as I though either, don't think the Ozzy's like the Brits as much as we are lead to beleive.

I have also given up smoking... no fags for 2 weeks now!

Over the weekend Steve, Kate and I made a half hearted attempt at a scavenger hunt with our dear friend Barbie. We got to see a few of the Melbourne sights which was great, but lost at the scavenger hunt when we went home instead of joining the other back packers for an evening drinking! Steve and I also met A few of Jessy's friends and saw a great band. We have also met a friend of Tom's who is lovely too!

Will hopefully have more news to report next time, but in the mean time if anyone can think of a way to combat home sickness please let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missing you lots Sian & Steve, but to avoid homesickness I think you should have cucmber sandwiches and tea on a lawn somewhere- and then go and pay a riduculously expensive amount to travel 10 minutes on a delayed train. That should cure it! Planning to come and see you asap. Em x