Sunday, September 04, 2005

Ouch, My Knees!!! (Sian)

Yesterday we drove for 3.5 hours to Mount Buller where we snow boarded for the first time. I was very nervous and scared! The fist time up the chair lift I flunked out, and waited and the bottom of the hill for Steve who fell most of the way down to come and save me! We decided to take a lesson and for 2 hours I managed to get down the hill slowly ungraciously, and backwards! For some reason the only way I could stand up was by facing the wrong way and then couldn't get the confidence to turn around again! Steve was brilliant and the best in our class by far, he soon mastered it and was sliding down the hill in no time.
Today I ache in muscles I never knew I had, but feel it was worth it. It's ashame the season has ended here as I am sure we would make our way back out for more torture! (There's always next year...)
I am really surprised that we could ski in Australia, I thought it was a warm country! Think we'll head down to the coast and check out surfing soon!

No comments: